Sunday, May 13, 2012

Grandpa Mestek - SL Bike Marathon 2012

 My amazing dad has done this ride for the past few years.  I get up at the crack of dawn to see him off at the start line and then mom and I drive his car and wait for him at the finish line.  This year was no different.  We were up at the start line and he was getting all ready to go.  One final picture before he headed out......or so we thought. (Take a look at the shoes he's wearing....ooopps!)  Dad forgot his bike shoes and only had loafers on.  NOT a good thing!  So, promptly packed up his bike and we were headed back to the house.
 Dad decided he could start the race along the route and be able to ride most of the ride.  After a quick shoe change we headed to a spot near Sugar House park.  The bike was unloaded and he was off.  I snapped a quick picture as he headed off.  I figured that one day he would find a little humor in it and we should document it....  Dad did great and was able to enjoy the rest of his ride.  He's always giving me a hard time about not getting his entire bike in my pictures so I made sure to capture is all this time.  Great job dad!  You are amazing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment