Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day 2011

This post is going to be loaded with pictures. We went to my parents house for dinner and fireworks Saturday night. I made sure our girls had good naps so they would be nice and happy all night. Hannah got to light some sparklers with Tyler while we waited for the sun to go down to do the rest of them.

Notice that she has her flip flops on the wrong feet. This is how she likes to wear them...how can that not feel funny??
Aunt Tonya and Tyler
Scott and Andrew

Grandpa Mestek and Hannah Kay - Enjoying the fireworks together
Daddy and Bailey - She LOVED the fireworks!

We were all happy to sleep in Sunday morning. We were all tired and happy to hang out and take our time getting ready for church. After church we came home, had dinner and relaxed. I even made us some cinnamon rolls for a Sunday treat. Scott decided to put up the tent and have a little "camp out". Bailey and I ditched and slept nice and cozy in our beds. Hannah went out and helped Scott put the tent up. Before we knew it she had her sleeping bag out there and was ready to get it all set up.
We will have to do this again. Hannah loved it and next time Bailey and I will join in.

Monday morning we all got up and worked in the yard. Hannah even helped pull some of the weeds with me. She's a good helper and is usually eager to help. I was so glad it wasn't too hot out there. Scott had a customer call that wanted to buy a car today so we all got ready and headed downtown. While he was at work the girls and I went to visit with my parents. Grandpa Mestek has Hannah's pumpkin plant in his garden so we went out to see how much it has grown. I sure hope we get at least one pumpkin off it...I'm a little nervous. We picked Scott up and came back home. Scott tried to teach Hannah to ride her bike. Bailey and I hung out and enjoyed the nice weather. We snuck in a short nap while we were out there.
Me and my girls

Hannah was super growly and got sent to time out. It got real quiet, she feel asleep in her room. A little later she came out, sat on the stairs and growled some more at us. Again, it got quiet. When Scott went to check on her this is what he found.

Poor Hannah, fast asleep on our stairs. How she managed to sleep like this and not fall off is a mystery to me. Bless her heart, she was one tired and ornery girl!Once Hannah woke up from her nap she put on some dress up clothes. Today she was Tinker Bell. A pretty cute one if I don't say so myself!
We made us yummy sandwiches for dinner and headed out for a picnic in the front yard. We enjoyed more fireworks tonight, thanks to all of our neighbors. What a fun filled weekend we have had. Our girls are fast asleep and Scott and I get to relax before we are off to bed. Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kimmy, you have just the cutest family ever! I love looking at their pictures. Your cute girls are getting way to big. Bailey is getting big! I can't believe it. We need to play very soon. I am excited you will be coming to our reunion. You are on our wall so you should be coming :)

    ReplyDelete