Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas in Bethlehem

Our ward did a Christmas in Bethlehem this year for our ward party. The decree's were sent out and each family was to come in period attire. There were shops in the bazar and plenty of food. I'm not so good at costumes so we improvised and used some sheets and pillow cases. I think they turned out okay. I was surprised to see most people came in costume. We all sat on the floor on blankets and a few select people were able to sit at the Inn. As dinner was winding down, the lights were dimmed and the program began with Mary and Joseph walking around looking for a place to stay. We had a manger scene and read the story of Christ's birth and same some carols. It was a fun night with our neighbors and friends.

Hannah Kay - showing me her outfit for the night (She was NOT excited to wear it but I think she looked cute)
Me and my girls!
Daddy and Bailey
The Nativity
A lot of work went into this but I think it was all worth it. It was nice to have a more spiritual party this year. We also gathered some food to give to some families in need. It's great to have our ward family pull together and help out those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment